It is pretty strange that God set up the following situation:
- God created immortal people predisposed to sin
- God got all pissed off when these people sinned
- God punished the original sinners and all their offspring (for all time) to a suffering mortal existence. There is no such thing as being born innocent from here on.
- God decides to “up the anti” and have people burn in Hell for all eternity after they die in addition to their mortal suffering.
- Because God is so loving, he decides to provide a way for people to be saved from this eternal damnation.
- God demands a significant sacrifice to atone for the “original sin”. He set up two conditions that must be satisfied:
- His one and only son (named Jesus) must die for the sins of all others
- Each person must accept Jesus as their personal savior
- Both of these conditions must be met before someone will be saved from eternal damnation and have “ever-lasting life”
It seems that a more simple amnesty could have been devised.